Monday, August 01, 2011

Meet the Beauty Blogger: The Makeup Bag

 This Month I will be featuring 5 beauty blogger's each Monday.

This Monday is the Lovely Cassandra Martin 
you can find her on facebook The Makekup Bag

I asked Cassandra some questions and here is what she had to say:
 1. What is one beauty product you regret buying more than any other?
I have bought a few things that have just turned out to be plain terrible, but the most recent one was the Maybelline Fit Me blush in Light Pink. It did absolutely nothing, no color whatsoever appeared on my face.

2. What was the last beauty product that you purchased?
The most recent thing I purchased were a few Rimmel products, all of which I turned out to really like.
-Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick in Rose Sorbet (#110)
-Rimmel Lasting Finish blush in Pink Sorbet (#018)
-Rimmel Natural Bronzer in Sun Light (#021)

3. When you aren't blogging how else do you spend your extra curricular time?
Hmm, When I am not blogging I love spending time with my boyfriend, Ryan & our pets (3 ferrets & 2 dwarf bunnes) we're huge animal lovers! I also spend quite a bit of time talking and acting silly with my amazing makeup addict friends Ashley (makeup by ashley), Gina (Makeup Gets Me High), Lana (Suicide By Makeup), Amanda (SCPU for the Makeup Lovers Soul), and Savannah (Savannah Loves Makeup)

4. What were the reason's behind you starting up your own blog?
That's actually kinda a funny story. I originally started my page because my friends, family and local clients were constantly telling me that I should start a Youtube page so I decided on a fanpage instead (because I'm a chicken, haha). But over time others that I didn't know started to come around & like my page, so I got into updating it more & now it has grown to bigger than I could have ever dreamed and I could never imagine myself giving it up for anything! I love my fans and followers so much!

5. Can you give us one totally random fact about you?
Maybe this isn't random, but most people I meet in the blogging world don't know it.
I am from a super small island on the East coast of Canada, called Newfoundland.
Come visit me! I guarantee the scenery and lifestyle here will be unlike anything you will find anywhere else. ♥

6. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
I love being able to answer peoples questions and help them out with even the littlest problems. People requested I start doing this because they wanted a place where they could constantly refer to for things there weren't sure of. And I was super happy that people chose me to be the one to answer their questions.

7. What is your top beauty tip? Can be anything
Oh boy! There are a bunch that I can think of. If I had to choose my #1 tip, it would probably be: Cleanse, Tone & Moisturize! Maybe it's just the esthetician in me but I feel that you should start with a nice clean canvas before applying your makeup, everything will look better. And also if you're going to be loading makeup on to your face and putting it through all of that then you should at least treat it to a nice scrubbing every day, right?

8. What do you think of makeup?
"The love of beauty is taste. The creation of beauty is art" and "Be your own kind of beautiful" are two of my all time favourite quotes that pertain to makeup and beauty as a whole, and I strongly believe in both of them. I do believe that makeup is art, not just some random war paint that people put on their faces for no apparent reason. And I am also a huge believer in individuality, and I think that makeup is a huge way to express who you really are. I have dedicated my life to makeup and the beauty industry, I went right into Esthetics and Spa Management as soon as I left high school, and then went on to do Hairstyling & Cosmetology. So to sum up it up, I LOVE makeup and am not sure where I would be without it.

9. If you had to throw away all of your makeup except for 5 items, what would you keep?
Wow! What a terrible thought! After I stopped being traumatized and heartbroken, haha, I would choose my:
-Covergirl trublend Whipped foundation in Ivory (now discontinued but I still have a couple)
-Maybelline Eyestudio Gel liner in Blackest Black
-BH Cosmetics 88 Matte eyshadow palette (so that I have 88 eyeshadows rather than 1, haha. cheating?)
-L'Oreal Voluminous Original mascara in Black
-Rimmel Lasting Finish lipstick in Pink Blush (#006) OR NYX lipstick in Narcissus (#509)

10. Do you have a personal makeup style? If so how would you describe it?
Hmm, I've never been able to give myself one of those generic labels because I tend to do my own thing and not care what anyone else thinks. So that goes for my makeup as well, I do what I like and use the colors I like, I don't follow those makeup rules like only certain colors for certain seasons. Life is too short to care about what others think, so I don't sweat the small stuff! The only way I can describe it is, me. A lot of friends say I am 'unique' and 'original' but aren't we all? We all have little things about us that us who we are! ♥
xoxo

Thank you so much Cassandra
Stayed tuned for next Monday as we feature another great beauty blogger.

 




2 comments:

Stoney Creek Homestead said...

Very well done, girls! I enjoyed reading about Cassandra.

Le Angelique said...

Makeup is hilariously fun for most women. Makeup bags typically roll open to reveal your makeup goodies, and when you are finished with your morning cosmetic routine, you simply roll the bag back up. These are really intended for speedy travellers, and are meant to hold trial size shampoos, combs, conditioners and just a few basic cosmetic items.

Thanks.